Global Change Seminar "It's Your Move!"
Segment #4 - Human Values
Here are the suggested Meeting Preparation activities for Segment #4. You may want to print out this page, put it in the 3-ring binder for Seminar materials, and check off the activities after you've completed them.
- Segment Exercises (i). Here are some Values Clarification exercises to do. NOTE: Bring the completed exercises to the upcoming Seminar Group meeting where they'll be discussed.
- Segment Exercise (ii). Pick a day to apply the Value Logic thought process at work or at home. The following method is offered as a suggestion.
- Try to maintain an observer stance during the day and as it progresses make a note of the conflicts or difficulties that happen to you, the conflicts or difficulties that happen to those you know, and those that you read about. Pick a handful (3 or 4) of conflict situations where their seem to be unresolved ethical issues. Write them down on a sheet of paper or in the Journal.
- Make a note of your gut instinct or intuition as to how you think each of these situations should be resolved.
- Using the methods from Value Logic see if you can analyze how those situations should be (or should have been) resolved.
- Journal Work (i). In the Seminar Journal, record your reactions to the 3 exercises in Step 1 above. What was difficult? What was easy? What insights were gained? Any surprises? Did any conflicting or mutually exclusive values surface?
- Journal Work (ii). In the Seminar Journal, record your reactions to reading the Value Logic articles and doing the exercise from Step 2. What was difficult? What was easy? What insights were gained?
- Review the Agenda for the Segment #4 Group Meeting. Print out a copy of the Belief Exploration exercise, and read it. Bring it to the Seminar Group meeting where it will be done as a group.
Copyright 2006 The Trouser Rollers. All Rights Reserved.